Online & Classroom Short Courses (CPD)
Fire Services in many countries deploy fire inspectors and plan examiners. In most cases, these staff members do not have job-specific qualifications and there is thus a lack of an internationally accepted competency assessment of persons fulfilling these roles.
IFE Certified Fire Safety Officer Development Programme is intended to provide the learner with the necessary knowledge and skills to perform the duties of a Fire Safety Officer. It is benchmarked against Job Performance Requirements detailed in NFPA 1031 and incorporates South African legislative requirements and job specifications.
The Fire Safety Officer Programme consists of 6 short courses and an approved practical on-the-job portfolio of evidence unit.
Competence is required for all modules of the Programme.
- Module 1: Fire Safety Management Course broken into 2 parts:
- Part 1: Fire Safety Legislation Course
- Part 2: Fire Risk Assessment Course
- Module 2: Interpretation and Application of Local Authority By-Laws Course
- Module 3: Examination of Building Plans and Conducting Fire Inspections Course
- Module 4: Fundamentals of Design and Evaluation of Engineered Solutions Course
- Module 5: Fundamentals of Fire Investigation Course
- Module 6: Portfolio of Evidence
During the COVID-19 pandemic, our courses underwent a re-design, and great effort was made to maintain the courses’ high calibre. The number of people taking part in the online courses has significantly increased, and we are happy to see that this trend has persisted.
The courses are designed around class attendance, practical and written exercises, written assessments and practical evaluations.
Each course can also be taken as an individual Continuing Professional Development course.
What to expect:
- Live online virtual sessions via Zoom as per the timetable.
- Each session of approximately 45 minutes.
- Classroom exercises and online assessments.
- Question and Answer sessions hosted by the IFE instructors.
- Access to the IFE College platform with online practicals and assessments.
What is required:
- Desktop or Laptop PC with an internet connection.
- A good quality internet connection and a suitable bandwidth subscription ensure a smooth delivery.
Each of our courses has been re-designed to accommodate the new requirements. Please see the updated course schedule here.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with the IFE SA for a quotation by email: at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at: +27 11 788 4329
See below dates and information for courses in 2023
Bespoke courses can be arranged after due consultation with the Institution of Fire Engineers SA.