A relevant qualification to satisfy the academic requirements for the Member grade, but has not yet met requirements in terms of training, experience and Continuing Professional Development.
Associate members of the IFE benefit from:
- professional recognition in the global fire sector through the use, after your name, of the post nominal AIFireE
- access to MY IFE, including special interest groups, CPD tracking and current vacancies;
- International Fire Professional, posted to you and online access to current and archived publications;
- regular e-newsletters;
- discounts for the IFE Online Shop and events;
- the possibility of involvement in IFE branches, working groups and committees.
- One of the following:
- Degree in a fire-related subject*
- IFE Level 4 Certificate (formerly Member exams) or equivalent
- An IFE Recognised Educational Programme for MIFireE
- Chartered Engineer interim registration or
Incorporated Engineer interim registration through the IFE automatically confers Associate (AIFireE) membership
Subscription fees are renewable on 1 January every year. New members joining from October to December will receive these months ‘gratis’ when paying the following year’s rate. Subscription fees are linked to the UK Pound and may therefore be subject to fluctuations in exchange rate. A membership application form must accompany new applications.
|Grade / Title||2019|
Method of payment
|Standard Bank of SA Ltd
Institution of Fire Engineers (SA)
Cash, bank deposit, EFT, postal order, money order, moneygram are all acceptable methods of payment. Official company orders are not accepted for exam fee payments. Foreign payments must be done via SWIFT transfer from your bank to ours. With EFT and bank deposits please send proof of payment with your name and contact number clearly written on it, accompanied by the appropriate application.
Associate application form download here.