The following essential characteristics for online learning must be displayed by students taking our courses:
- Communication skills
- Time management skills
- Reading and writing skills
- Self discipline
Students need to ensure that they have a good online course environment that meets the following requirements:
- A working computer: Laptop or desktop with enough RAM and memory to support your studies.
- Operating system: As a PC user, you need to make sure that you have the correct operating system, such as Windows or OSi. Newer versions tend to work faster.
- Correct software: You will need a good office suite, such as Microsoft Office, and a good web browser, like Google Chrome. Students will also need to ensure that they are familiar with Zoom.
- Reliable internet access: It is vital to have a strong internet connection so you can keep up with your work.
- Uninterrupted power supply. Loadshedding is not an excuse to not attend the courses. Students are to ensure they have a backup plan.