- Date: - -
- Venue: Protea Wanderers Hotel - Johannesburg
This course is aimed at professionals who have the responsibility of examining and reviewing rational fire designs in accordance with the National Building Regulations.
Key Course content covers the following;
- An overview of South African Legislation regarding Rational Design submissions related to Fire Protection of Buildings
- Responsibility and Expectations relating to Local Authority Plan Examiners
- Guide to the Design Framework and Fire Safety Engineering Procedures
- Initiation and development of fire within the enclosure of origin
- Detection of fire and activation of fire protection systems
- Human factors: Life safety strategies – Occupant evacuation, behavior and condition
- National Building Regulations
- BS 9999 – Code of practice for fire safety in the design, management and use of buildings
- Introduction to BS 7974
- Overview of BS 7974 published documents and other design approaches
The course carries accreditation of 5 points from ECSA and 26 CPD points from the Institution of Fire Engineers UK.
This is also one of the modules that is part of the Certified Fire Safety Officer (CFSO) programme and delegates satisfying the learing requirements of this module, gain credits towards the CFSO.
Please contact Jennifer on email@example.com for more information.